Sunday, November 16, 2008

Children's Programing

As a father to an eleven year old and an eight year old, I have watched a lot of children's programing over the last decade. And it does bring up some questions and thoughts:

Blues Clues: I imagine a finalepisode where Steve is finally given the right anti-psychotic drugs, the hallucinations go away and he wakes up -- in a locked phsyc ward.

Max and Ruby: Here you have what appears to be a three year old being taken care of by a ten year old or so. Where are their parents? Where is child protective services?

The Good Night Show: I'm sorry, but I think the woman who hosts that program is hot. (Of course, I also think the same about the weird woman in the Progressive Insurance commercials).

I'm sure I'll think of some more while I'm watching Noggin, Nickelodeon, Disney, Sprout, etc.